Senior SQL Server Database Administrator
- Cheltenham, England
- £45000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent benefits
Senior Database Administrator
Up to £55k + excellent benefits
Based in Cheltenham (currently remote)
Excellent benefits including good pension scheme, Perkbox membership, Life Cover, Excellent training budget!
Working in a vibrant fast paced and highly collaborative team in the heart of Cheltenham, close to good rail connections and great shops, restaurants and bars, in offices that provide an excellent working environment with absolutely stunning, state of the art, brand new open office space; you will be working for a company that values their staff and strive to create and friendly and sociable environment.
An all-round lovely company, our client is also able & willing to accommodate flexible working and are open to discussing any requirements as and when the need arises. They are working towards a hybrid office/remote working model where they are happy to work with their staff to make sure they achieve the right balance for all.
A new opportunity has come through for a Senior SQL DBA to join their team. Working in a team of 5, you will be supporting their SQL Server environment and work closely with the BI team to maintain and develop their management information structure.
You will ensure the availability and security of the SQL Server estate, including the investigation and resolution of any issues that may arise
Provide database support for development project teams
Support and develop new and existing management information processes
Disaster recovery design and support
- Microsoft SQL Server database administration skills, 2016 and above including:
- Installation, maintenance, configuration and monitoring
- High availability e.g., clustering, availability groups, database mirroring
- Indexing and performance tuning
- T-SQL Skills
- Good understanding of data security and encryption
- Database and data warehouse design experience
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to both technical and non-technical staff
Desirable skills include:
- ETL skills, ideally with SSIS
- Automation skills
- Source control e.g. TFS, Git, GitHub
- Cloud technology exposure, preferably AWS
This company does not hold back when it comes to training! As the organisation are currently in the process of migrating to AWS, you can be assured that you will be fully trained in this to ensure that you can contribute to the migration going forward.
Recruitment Partnership are acting as an employment agency for the purposes of this vacancy