Data Analyst/BI Analyst
- Cheltenham, England
- £30000 - £40000 per annum + Great Benefits
Data Analyst/BI Analyst
Up to £40,000 + excellent benefits
Based in Cheltenham
Excellent benefits including good pension scheme, Perkbox membership, Life Cover, Excellent training budget!
Working in a vibrant fast paced and highly collaborative team in the heart of Cheltenham, close to good rail connections and great shops, restaurants and bars, in offices that provide an excellent working environment with open office space; you will be working for a company that values their staff and strive to create and friendly and sociable environment.
Along with the totally refurbed open plan office with state of the art new equipment, great environment & all round lovely company in general, our client are also able & willing to accommodate flexible working and are open to discussing any requirements as and when the need arises.
Our client now has a new opportunity for a proven Data/BI Analyst with a strong Maths background (ideally Maths Degree!) to support their goal in helping grow their industry through the use of data and analytics. Reporting to the Data Product Manager, you will work closely with all areas of the business to deliver wide-ranging data-driven solutions. Working in a very dynamic market, you will bring excellent communication skills and a strong grounding in statistics and will work with existing and new customers.
Duties will include:
- You will have responsibility for the analytics infrastructure to ensure smooth running of existing operations, working closely with the database operations team to ensure all services are delivered in line with SLAs. You will draw from a strong technical background to optimise data feeds for growth, applying indexing/partitioning effectively, and continuously optimising processes and dashboards. You will feed data requirements into new projects to enhance their data stores.
- You will have a strong understanding of data regulations to ensure the delivery of a compliant service.
- You will build reports to support the delivery of insight back to the internal business.
- You will support finance with timely reporting, with a particular focus around month end.
- You will develop processes that are scalable, automating wherever possible, and providing clear and repeatable documentation.
- We are looking for individuals with a strong technical background within the Microsoft BI stack: demonstrable experience working with SQL, SSRS and Power BI/DAX. Experience building ETL processes using SSIS or other technologies would be advantageous.
- Somebody who can hit the ground running, drawing from a broad experience in data analysis within a business context.
- You will ideally have a degree level qualification in Maths/Statistics. Machine learning experience would be an advantage.
- Customer focused & client facing
- Using SQL to perform advanced data analysis
- Building data models and dashboards in PowerBI/DAX
- Experience in SSRS/SSIS/SSAS
- Experience of R programming would be an advantage
This is a truly amazing company who thrive on the fact that they look after their employees & ensure they are happy in what they do - in turn ensuring that clients & customers are happy.
If you fit the requirements and feel that this is a role & company that you could prosper in, please apply with your up-to-date CV.
Recruitment Partnership are acting as an employment agency for the purposes of this vacancy